Pythoff maximizes the effective working life of water and nutrient:
- Helps prevent root browning.
- Helps eliminates food sources responsible for attracting fungus gnat and other root-zone pests.
- Helps prevent plumbing blockages.
Pythoff’s formulation is a result of our extensive experience as water treatment consultants since 1966.
Pythoff is safe and non-toxic:
- Non systemic: Safe to use from seed to harvest.
- Complies with ‘organic’ farming guidelines that prohibit the use of systemic chemicals.
- Use during vegetative & flowering.
- Dose rate 0.1-0.2ml/L (0.4-0.8ml/Gal). As with all products it is advisable to test compatibility prior to routine usage. Pythoff is not compatible with hydrogen peroxide or beneficial bacteria.
- Available in 250ml, 1L, 5L and 20L
Slimes and algae can cause diseases and blockages of plumbing components such as drippers, filters and pumps. They are also a food source that can be attractive to pests. To prevent the formation of slimes and algae:
● Ensure the nutrient solution is not exposed to light.
● Be aware that many organic additives (e.g. carbohydrates, sugars) can encourage the growth of slimes.
● Stored water and surface waters are a common source of slimes and therefore should be pre-treated prior to use in a hydroponic system.
● Routine replacement of recirculating nutrient solution and frequent cleaning of filters will help minimise problems.